Sunday 29 January 2012

Review: Fitbit

A couple of weeks ago my boyfriend bought me a Fitbit. I had been eyeing the JawboneUp but they had problems and took it off the market so I was really excited when I found the Fitbit.

Here is what the Fitbit is designed to do:
  • Track Steps
  • Track Stairs
  • Track Miles
  • Track Calories Burned (including your BMR)
  • Track your "Active Score" (which is how active you are during the day.)
  • Track your Sleeping Patterns
  • Track your Food

On top of all of the tracking it does, you can also set 'goals' for your self like walking x amount of miles in a week or climbing x amount of stairs in a week.


It is seriously addictive. Personally I find that tracking everything I do during the day not only makes me want to meet my 'minimum' but makes me want to beat my previous day/week totals too.

The sleep tracking is a really neat feature. It tracks how long you've slept and how many times you woke up, which is really interesting for me because I like to see how my exercise affects my sleep that night.


The Fitbit website also offers a "Premium Membership" with more in depth reports and a 'Trainer' for personalized workout plans.

I love the Fitbit. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking to lose weight or just be more active in general. For me it has certainly done it's job and exceeded my expectations.


Next Blog: Steals purchases and experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment