- Watch for sales on expensive food items like meat and cheese and then STOCK UP! For example a block of cheese is regular $9-$10, we only buy for under $5 and then buy 3 or 4 to last until the next sale! Same with meat, boneless, skinless chicken is regular $20-$25 for 4 pieces, we only buy it on sale for $7-$10.
- When you are buying clothes/shoes/jewellery or even items for your home shop the clearance section first! Or check out second hand stores, you might have to dig a little but you can find some real gems that you can add your personal touch to!
- Make your own! For example, bread! My mom, makes a double batch of homemade bread and we end up with about 15 loaves. It's delicious, cheaper, and healthier! You can also find recipes all over the internet for homemade laundry detergents, and bath items!
- Found a gorgeous 'name brand' item that you HAVE to have? Shop around! Most of the time you can find something similar, almost identical!
- And of course, coupons! We are not crazy couponers at this point but if we see a coupon we will use we grab it, and before we go shopping we check to see if we have any coupons for the items on our list.
That's all I have for now! Hope you have found these a bit helpful!