Monday 3 December 2012

Going Vegetarian

So this is my very first instalment for something I will be calling 'Meatless Monday'. I will share either a recipe or a product I have tried.

Now, for a little explanation, I recently decided I wanted to be a Vegetarian. I'm not going to get into the who, what, why, or how because I honestly think that this decision should not be influenced by any one, if you want to eat meat, kudos to you, if you don't, that's fine too!

I am a huge meat lover. Everyone knows how much I love fast food, and I can easily down two JBC's from Wendy's. (so yes, I am a pig too. Great way to get out of my fast food addiction ;)) It's been two and a half weeks since I have had any meat at all, and I have to be honest, I have not had any problems saying 'no' yet.

I am feeling a little discouraged though. So far I have tried veggie hot dogs, chicken nuggets, burgers, and some 'ground beef' and didn't like any of it. I am going to keep trying different brands and hope I find something I like. In the mean time I have been keeping a close eye on how much protein I am eating throughout the day, as well as taking vitamins.

I started this board on pinterest of recipe I want to try and if you have any vegetarian recipes or ideas, feel free to share them with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment