Friday 20 January 2012

Fitness: Need Motivation? How about Gift cards for working out?

One of my New Years resolutions was to exercise regularly. For motivation and to keep track of my steps/miles/fitness levels my boyfriend bought me a FitBit, which I plan to review at a later time, but through my FitBit I found a site called Earndit.

Earndit keeps track of your fitness levels and activities and gives you points based on how active you are. For example, for FitBit I get .75 point for a "very active minute" and .10 for a "fairly active minute".

There are 7 different ways that you can earn points; NikePlus, RunKeeper App, FourSquare App, EveryTrail App, BodyMedia, GarminConnect, and FitBit.

As for the giftcards, most of them are spend x amount of money and get x amount free. For example, right now I can redeem a 15$ gift card to Skin Care for Athletes on an order totaling more then 30$. Or I can get 15$ towards an order totaling more then 49$ from VitaCost, which offers free shipping on top of that.

While the rewards aren't completely free, they are a pretty nice incentive for working out. I've only been a member for about 4 days and I already have enough points to get something.

On top of the rewards offered for points you accumulate, companies are regularly offering "Challenges" for members to participate in. 'RailRiders' is holding a challenge right now, everyone who accumulates 360 points by the end of the challenge is entered into a draw for a $100 gift card and everyone who gets 100+ points will be entered into a draw for $50 gift card.

No comments:

Post a Comment