Monday 9 January 2012

Fitness: Quick Workout, No Gear Required!

One of my resolutions was to be more active and start a regular workout routine. While I love running and various types of cardio I hate strength training. On days I do strength training I like to try to incorporate both to keep it fun and for that extra bit of calorie burn.

I workout at home and only use weights and sometimes a yoga mat. If you don't have weights you could use bottles of water or even cans of soup.

I try to do at least 12 reps of 10 different strength moves twice and like to keep my heart rate up and burn extra calories while I'm at it since strength moves by themselves don't burn a lot of calories. I'm not sure what I burned exactly while doing this routine since the batteries died in my heart rate monitor. (I'm hoping to get a FitBit soon!)


50 Jumping Jacks
12 Crunches
50 Jumping Jacks
10 PushUps
50 Jumping Jacks
12 Lunges
50 Jumping Jacks
12 Squats
50 Jumping Jacks
12 Overhead Press
50 Jumping Jacks
12 Reverse Crunch
50 Jumping Jacks
Plank
50 Jumping Jacks
12 Hip Thrust
50 Jumping Jacks
12 Dumbell Curl
50 Jumping Jacks
12 Deadlift w/ weight



If you try it out please let me know what you think! Remember, the more you do it the easier it will get ;)

P.S. I am not a personal trainer or a fitness expert in any way, shape or form. I just like trying different workouts and thought I would share what I've been trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment