- Instead of resolutions like getting to your goal weight, focus on smaller steps, for example losing 1-2 pounds a week is a healthy amount. Don't expect to lose it all in one month!
- Don't expect to quit fast food all in one go, unless you have super will power you will most likely have a hard time with this one... Try to cut it down by once a week, or even better, once every two weeks.
- Make sure you have a plan in mind... For example, HOW are you planning on losing weight? Make a meal plan with quick recipes to avoid eating fast food and eat healthier.
- Get a couple buddies to talk to about your resolutions, chances are you can find someone who has similar goals and you can help keep each other accountable and on track.
- Reward yourself! While working your way towards a goal like losing weight, do something nice for yourself when you reach 5lbs, 10lbs, etc. You deserve it!!
- Don't give up... If you mess up one day, get right back on track the next. Don't beat yourself up about it either! I am terrible for that!
- Your goals don't have to revolve around money either, you don't NEED to have a gym membership to get in shape... There are lots of free phone apps and websites to help you, I suggest sparkpeople.com to everyone looking for help losing weight. They have meal plans, exercise plans, tons of articles, and it's 100% free! Or if your goal is to read more, go to the library or second hand stores!
Hope I have help someone out there... What are your resolutions? I haven't made any and don't plan on it. I am going to stick to the Day Zero challenge and work on small steps!