Friday 4 January 2013

Reading Challenge - Do you like to read?

As part of my Day Zero Challenge I have a LOT of goals that revolve around books. I have a huge list of 'to-read' books on Goodreads and I have a few already downloaded to my Kobo, and some on my shelf I still need to read. I have vowed to try and borrow lots of books from the library to read, our local library is within walking distance but it is pretty small. I actually cleaned off my shelf and donated the books I wouldn't be reading again. (this was a bit painful to do!)

My favorite genre is Young Adult and more recently Steampunk... I can't stand reading anything too scary/intense/sad. I am a pretty big wuss! My favorite books would have to be, well, anything by John Green, Shine by Lauren Myracle, and The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. The Book Thief is an amazing book and I urge anyone who likes a good read to check it out! I ALMOST stopped reading it but I am so glad I kept going.

A few books that are on my 'to-read' shelf are:


  • The Fault in our Stars by John Green
  • The Girl in the Clockwork Collar - Kady Cross
  • Clockwork Prince - Cassandra Clare
  • the 'Hush, Hush' series - Becca Fitzpatrick
  • Leviathan - Scott Westerfield
And lots, lots more! I'm excited to get started on my reading challenges this year! Are you challenging yourself with any reading goals this year? GoodReads is a great place to find books! They show you recommendations based on how you rate books you have already read!


Add me as a friend of Goodreads and recommend books to me, and join the challenge!

2 comments:

  1. I really want to start reading more this year, I find it hard to find time to read, but I need to start making time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to be the biggest bookworm, but I don't read much anymore. I need to! Thanks for the list. I might look into those. I also like young adult.

    ReplyDelete